Given a choice, my daughter would want pancakes/waffles for breakfast,lunch and dinner. Her favorites have always been chocolate chip pancakes and cinnamon waffles. This week she asked me to bring lunch to her school and I surprised her with these pancake balls. The girl who generally takes an hour to finish her food, finished these balls in a jiffy and made mommy so happy. Let me give you the recipe of this delicious dish that is approved my picky eater.
Pancake mix-1 cup
Chocolate chips-1/2 cup
Paniyaram or gunta ponganalu pan
1. Make pancake batter according to the instructions given on the pancake mix box.(I used Hungry Jack pancake mix).
2. To make the stuffed pancakes we are going to use paniyaram pan.(You can use cake pops pan too.)
3. Put the pan on the stove and grease the holes with butter using a brush. When pan is hot enough, pour batter into the holes. Don't fill the holes. Fill only halfway.
4. Now add chocolate chips and pour the rest of batter on top.
5. Cover and cook for a minute. Then using a fork turn the pancakes and cook on the other side for a minute.
6. Serve the pancake balls either by dusting them with powdered sugar or with maple syrup.