Cauliflower florets-3/4 cup
Potatoes cuves-3/4 cup
Chopped Carrots-1/2 cup
Chopped French beans-1/4 cup
Green peas-1/4 cup
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder-1 tsp
Cilantro/coriander leaves- for garnish
Grind to paste:
Fresh coconut-4 tbsp
Roasted channa dal(Dalia)-1/2tbsp
Ginger-Garlic paste-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Poppy seeds-1 tsp
Peppercorns-5 or 6(optional)
Cashew-10( soak them in warm water for 30 mins before grinding)
1. Heat oil in the pressure cooker and add curry leaves and bay leaves. Then add onions,turmeric powder and fry till they are light brown.
2. Now add tomatoes,red chilli powder and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add the ground paste, salt, yoghurt and cook on the medium flame till oil separates and the raw smell is gone.
5. Now add all the vegetables and fry for 2 minutes and then add 1 to 1.25 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
6. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
This is a perfect accompaniment for Roti, Poori and Pulao.